Wednesday, July 01, 2020
Sunday, June 28, 2020
|Photos from Zoom: June 26, 2020|
The lead quote is from a former pastor of mine.
You and I are not God or god, as we are, with two key points
not infinite and eternal. As far as the existence of God, on
this website in archives I have approached that subject from:
a) Bible and theology
b) Philosophy and philosophy of religion
These Zoom effects are due to inconsistencies with
the Zoom application and my continued responses.
My attempt at using the background
application is for it to look similar to my friend's excellent
version that is to the left. But I am left with comedy, as can be
viewed with previous photo captures shared on
Dr. Russell Norman Murray
My friend joked that I looked like some type of god in
the heavens. I replied, perhaps from a British
|The Red Hand appears once again...|
|Makes me think British science fiction and/or comedy.|
|Here my red hair matches my Red Hand and|
Chuck's (MIA) Red Dome.
|I am stylish and the eyebrows match the hair.|
Sunday, June 21, 2020
Saturday, June 20, 2020
|Ernest Hepnar photo: Italia|
• My good friend, J. C.Zombie was visiting. He was showing me You Tube videos. He came across a famous, late guru that taught that his followers were vegetarians, because (paraphrased) if one eats animals, one takes the animal nature upon self.
• J.C. Zombie stated: (paraphrased) 'If a person eats plants, do they have a plant nature?' Good point, I said.
• One of the interviewers of the guru suggested that his view would be challenged as unscientific, by scientists.
• The guru replied (paraphrased) that this belief was fine for his followers as long as they have peace with the view.
• The guru noted (paraphrased) that such conflicts and intellectual challenges, add confusion.
• For me this belief and explanation from the guru highlights a classic difference between his religious view and biblical Christianity, especially within a Reformed tradition.
• Reason is important in order to analyze and know truth. Christianity is a revelatory faith and philosophy, but this divine revelation from scripture is to be rationally understood and theologically developed, while simultaneously the Holy Spirit of God is required as aid in understanding the truth. Illumination with reason should be requested of God.
• 2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV) 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
• 2 Timothy 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV) 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
• 2 Peter 3:14-16 King James Version (KJV) 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
• A good friend from Europe, a little older than me, sent me a photo of a much younger woman that was also much thinner than him. He stated that she contacted him and that she might be interested in him.
• I opined that as long she was legally an adult and biblically available as single, and they related as Christians, it was fine. He opined that she was probably after his money.
• I replied that he not bother with someone that wants to exchange 'beauty for money'. I received such offers often. The conversations are always pathetic.
• Real potential romantic, friendship and love, while seeking the perfect will of God, is friendship and love of mutual, spiritual, intellectual and physical compatibility. It should not be of social games based on market value and market value dating.
• These market value approaches to dating, at least risk, sin; I cannot judge the motives and mind of any person.To be clear, that is up to God (2 Corinthians 5: 10). But, there is significant sin, in general, I reason.
• I opine that many people in the Christian Church are single, divorced, etcetera for embracing views related to market value dating and market value marriage and as well many promote these views as being socially enforceable for others in the Church.
• This can be a Christian and evangelical form of political correctness.
• On this issue, I often state that there is enough sin going around from everyone concerned, including from myself. The Church requires biblical guidance through the Holy Spirit. The Church needs reason from God.
BOICE, JAMES, MONTGOMERY (1981) Foundations of the Christian Faith, Downers Grove, IVP Press.
ERICKSON, MILLARD (1994) Christian Theology, Grand Rapids, Baker Book House.
ERICKSON, MILLARD (2003) What Does God Know and When Does He Know It?, Grand Rapids, Zondervan.
THIESSEN, HENRY C. (1956) Introductory Lectures in Systematic Theology, Grand Rapids, Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.